Your Health and Wellbeing
We offer the following activities to support your overall good health and wellbeing:
- Lifestyle MOT – This takes place quarterly in the atrium and is an opportunity for you to have a short lifestyle MOT consultation, or have your blood pressure checked. Details of when a session is taking place is published on Bexweb.
- E-learning Modules via Evolve;
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Introduction to Meditation
- Personal Safety at Work 2017
- Stop Smoking Help & Advice
- Confidential Drink Checker – Drink Checker is a completely confidential and anonymous website to help you understand how much alcohol you’re drinking and can help provide support and advice to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise Classes
- Lunchtime Pilates
- Bexley Bootcamp
- Lunchtime jogging
- Adult Tennis Courses
- Stop Smoking Programme – Self-referral through the Smokefree Bexley website. Free six-week support programme and access to treatment. Daytime and evening appointments available. Website: www.smokefreebexley.co.uk
- Occupational Health Service – an Occupational Health Doctor and specialised nurse provide a comprehensive service to support managers and staff
- Mental Health Wellbeing Workshop – this workshop will help you find simple ways of improving your mental health to help you cope with the stresses of everyday life.
- Resilience and Positivity Workshop – This workshop will give you an opportunity to find out what research says about resilience and positivity and to give you some useful, positive and uplifting advice and simple strategies to help you to live a happier, healthier and more positive life.
We also offer:
- Mind Gym Courses, bookable by our employees via Evolve:
- Bounce Back – 90 min Workout Session (Resilience)
- Emotional Fitness – 90 min Workout Session
- FutureLearn offer, Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance, this open online course (MOOC) can be found here.
- E-learning Modules via Evolve;
- Mental Health Awareness and Good Practice
- Stress Awareness
- Personal Resilience
- Under Pressure – Dealing with Stress
Further details can be found on Bexweb.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme is available to our staff and their immediate families 24/7, 365 days a year. This is a free service which can be accessed online, by phone, by email or by instant messaging. The programme offers:
- a professional consultation and counselling service which is confidential and independent
- a range of helpful website tools including savings on products, budgeting help and personal development, online seminars.
- help with work, personal, family issues, money issues or life events
The site can be found here and login details are available for staff via Bexweb.
Cycle to work scheme
The cycle to work scheme via Halfords or local traders – gives you the opportunity to
purchase a brand new bike and cycling equipment through salary sacrifice. Further details about these benefits are available at: www.lbbmychoice.co.uk.
Social Side to Life at Bexley
- Randomised Coffee Trial (RCT) – We use RCTs to connect people across the organisation and give them time to meet to have a coffee to form networks and hear about what’s happening across the Council
- Monthly lunchtime reading group
- Staff Social Christmas activities and Charity events including Christmas Carol Singing and Christmas Movie Night
- Bexley Choir – Meets every week
- Monthly get together at the local pub
- The Bexley Games – a week of activities, sport and team building opportunities for everyone who works for the Council to get involved in.
Private Health Care
Benenden Health is a mutual, not-for-profit provider of discretionary healthcare. As a mutual friendly society they offer an alternative to private medical insurance. Further details are available at: www.benenden.co.uk/employer.
Alternatively we also offer employees a discounted plan for your everyday healthcare
appointments through Simplyhealth. With the Simply Cash Plan you can claim money back towards the cost of check-ups and treatment for you and your family.
Discounted Sports & Leisure Activities
The local Hotel in Bexleyheath also offers staff a corporate Leisure Membership Rate also discounted spa treatments.
Other local offers are available and can be found by our employees by searching Staff Benefits on Bexweb.