Our Values in Action
Our goal with Values in Action was to work together to create meaningful descriptors for our Values – the words chosen came directly from our people and their insights into how our Values could be shaped to help us achieve our strategic plan; how we can aim higher; how we can work smarter; how we can have better conversations; how we can continuously improve.
Our Values are:
- Open and Accessible – be honest and accountable; use straightforward language; be approachable; strive to understand needs and respond clearly.
- Innovation – champion new ideas and ways of working; take time for creative thinking; embrace challenges, learn from mistakes, actively listen and share insights.
- Listening and Responding – create opportunities for feedback; be open – take time to understand, reflect; take action – do what you say you’ll do.
- Leadership – recognise we’re all leaders; be confident; inspire others with your passion; nurture an open and inclusive environment; invite challenge; be there for others; facilitate innovation; be a role-model for workplace wellbeing.
- Collaborate – work together for the greater good; value everyone’s contribution; share knowledge across teams; encourage clear, straightforward communication; contribute positively to the Bexley story.
- Impact – strive to make a genuine difference, be proud – celebrate our achievements; create a buzz; take pride in others’ success; share your learning; aim to make things better.
The London Borough of Bexley is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its employment and service delivery.